Add Patch.com to Your Local Internet Marketing Mix
I am familiar with local Internet marketing techniques but was only tangentially aware of Patch.com which is kind of like a combination of an old-fashioned local newspaper with a new-fangled online community and business directory.
I’m not going to give a long treatise on the vagaries of Patch.com. Instead I encourage you to do five things:
- Spend some time browsing the web site to get a feel for what it’s all about
- Become a member of your local Patch in your company’s name
- Create or Claim and Optimize your company’s listing on Patch
- Subscribe to their daily newsletter
- Post comments and reviews in your company’s name
I don’t think your Patch.com listing will be as important or beneficial as say your Google Places listing. But I am convinced that this is a critical local online community that you need to be an active part of.